2021 Photo Contest
Dear Conference Attendees:
We are pleased to announce the ACCGE-22/OMVPE-20 Photo Contest “sponsored by Elsevier."
Photographs portraying scientific, technical, or artistic aspects of crystals, crystal growth, or characterization are solicited. The photos will be displayed on the conference website and as a slide show in the virtual meeting rooms.
Submissions will be accepted in 2 categories:
1) Natural untouched micrographs or photographs
2) Photographs including digital manipulation (and computational simulations)
Judging and Awards
Submissions will be voted on by conference attendees on the conference website.
The first-place entries in each category will receive an award certificate and a cash prize of $300. The best student entry will also receive an award certificate and a cash prize of $300. Winners will be announced during the Banquet and Awards Ceremony and the Winning photos will be published in the AACG newsletter.
1. Contest is open only to registered meeting attendees.
2. Each attendee can submit exactly one entry per category.
3. Entries must be submitted by email as a PowerPoint slide (use attached template; limit file size to 10MB).
Please do not put text on the photo unless it is part of the image
Photo caption should describe the technical significance of the entry and/or the artistry that it represents (50 words or less)
Indicate if the entry is a General or Student submission
Identify the appropriate category for judging (Natural or Digital/Altered)
Entries should be submitted by email to the photo contest organizer, Balaji Raghothamachar, by July 16, 2021.
Please direct any questions or comments to the organizer:
Stony Brook University
Phone: +1 (631) 632-4183